Defying the conventional approach to workplace, professionals and organizations have realized the need to cross training and Upskilling oneself to always soar ahead of the competition and have a better value tag at work. More and more professionals are being fed its advantages either by their company or the uncertainties in the market with cut-throat competition. Even in a scenario of a secure job environment, employers feel the need of a backup resource to fill in the shoes of an important leg in the business at a moment’s notice.
Reasons whatever, professionals are encouraged to develop other skills by undergoing training, earning certifications etc. so that neither an instance nor an opportunity is lost owing to the unavailability of the original resource.
Cross training benefits an employee in more than one ways and what better than being close to the title of Mr. Everything.
- It makes you agile and an asset to the company as you have an alternate skill set which empowers you to take over the other job any moment. Although it may affect the collective productivity a little, you are still an irreplaceable thought to the employer.
- Increases your area of knowledge as you explore more than one area of expertise/function and makes things easier for you to shift streams and companies.
- Makes you versatile by making you the master of multitasking.
- Indispensable you are to the organization as an employee who is the backup continuity plan official.
- You’ll be considered for leadership positions since you have a strong understanding and working knowledge of multiple COE’s.